Skip to content
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- 20 ounce can tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Corn tortillas, large
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded (optional)
Recipe courtesy of Make Life Lovely
- Pour some olive oil into a pan and saute the onion and minced garlic over medium heat for a few minutes until the onions are translucent. Pour in the tomato puree and turn to low.
- Slice 3 La Morena canned chipotle peppers and add to the onion and garlic, along with 1 tablespoon of the canned adobo sauce. Add 2 teaspoons cumin and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Simmer for about 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Blend the chipotle enchilada sauce with an immersion blender or in a blender to make it nice and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the corn tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and wrap a moist paper towel around them. Microwave for one minute to soften the tortillas.
- Pour some sauce into the bottom of the baking pan to prevent the enchiladas from sticking. Place 1/4 cup of shredded cheese down the middle of each tortilla, then roll. Place each tortilla into the baking pan, then bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is all melted.
- Top with chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, avocados, sour cream, shredded lettuce, or any other toppings of your choice.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.