Skip to content
- FOR THE CHIPOTLE AVOCADO CREMA:
- 1/2 cup crema (or sour cream or plain yogurt)
- 2 - 4 tablespoons of 7-ounce can LA MORENA Chipotle Sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- FOR THE TACOS:
- 1 package chicken breasts
- 1 cup crema (or sour cream or plain yogurt)
- 1 (7 ounce) can LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- FOR SERVING:
- Mini corn or flour tortillas
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Radishes, sliced
- Grilled corn on the cob
- 1/2 small red cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
- 7-ounce can LA MORENA Whole Jalapenos
- 28-ounce can LA MORENA Sliced Jalapenos
Recipe courtesy of Tiaras & Tantrums
- In a food processor, combine the cream, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cilantro, and lime juice to make the avocado crema. Blitz until smooth.
- To make the chicken, combine the crema and the LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce in a medium bowl. Stir together until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture in a separate container. Place the chicken breasts into the bowl and coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Overnight is better.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Slowly grill the chicken until cooked through, and the thickest part has an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Each time the chicken is turned, brush on some of the marinades that were reserved. Transfer the grilled chicken to a plate, cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Boil corn on the cob as usual and then place it on the grill for about 5-6 minutes to char slightly. Slice the corn off the cob.
- Slice the grilled chicken. Layout your tacos (two tortillas if using corn), then place sliced chicken, avocado slices, cabbage, LA MORENA Whole or Sliced Jalapenos, and a dollop of Chipotle Avocado Crema. Serve warm, spritzing each taco with lime juice. You can also drizzle with LA MORENA Chipotle Sauce.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.