- 4 slices seeded rye bread
- 4 tsp butter
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices ham
- Scallions chopped
1. Heat a skillet over low heat.
2. Spread the butter on one side of each piece of bread.
3. Place one slice of bread in the skillet, butter side down.
4. Assemble the first sandwich - 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of ham, tarragon, scallions, 2 slices of cheese, and the second slice of bread (butter side up).
5. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes. Turn the sandwich over once the bread is golden brown and the cheese has started to melt.
6. Cook on the second side for an additional 3-5 minutes, until bread is golden brown, the cheese is melted, and the ham is heated.
7. Cook second sandwich and serve immediately.