Skip to content
- For the Cakes:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup untoasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons clover honey, or other mild honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Glaze:
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 8 large plus 8 mini marshmallowsStep 1-
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square cake pan; line with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang. Make the cakes: Whisk flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Put butter, brown sugar, and honey into mixer bowl; mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium; mix in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.
Spread batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan 15 minutes. Lift out; let cool completely on the wire rack. Can be stored, wrapped in plastic, up to 1 day.
Cut out 8 rounds with 2 1/4-inch cutters and 8 rounds with 7/8-inch cutters. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment.
Make the glaze: Put chocolate in a small bowl. Heat cream and corn syrup in a small pan over medium-high heat until just simmering. Pour over chocolate; stir until chocolate has melted. Let cool, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
Spoon a dollop of glaze over each cake and large marshmallow, spreading so it runs down the sides. Stack: large cake, large marshmallow, small cake, mini marshmallow.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.